TobraVisNew Vision for your health
TobraVis 3 mg/ml eye drops, solution
- Prescription only medicine.
- This medicine has been prescribed for you. Do not pass it on to others. It may harm them, even if their symptoms are the same as yours.
- If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
WHAT TOBRAVIS IS AND WHAT IT IS USED FOR
TobraVis is an ophthalmic solution containing tobramycin, with antibiotic action.
TobraVis is used in the treatment of external bacterial infections of the eye and eyelids (such as conjunctivitis, keratitis, and corneal ulcers caused by susceptible to tobramycin microorganisms).
HOW TO USE TOBRAVIS
Always use TobraVis exactly as your doctor has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Adults, the elderly and children aged over 1 year
The usual dose is 1 drop twice a day in the affected eye(s) for 7-8 days.
If condition is severe, your doctor may prescribe:
– one drop four times a day on day 1,
– a drop twice a day until the end of the period of 7-8 days.
If you use other eye drops
If you have to use other eye drops, too, use them 10 minutes before or after TobraVis.
Contact lenses wearers
If you wear contact lenses, remove the lenses before using TobraVis and wait 15 minutes before putting them back in.
If you forget to take TobraVis
If you forget to take a dose, take it as soon as possible. Do not take a double dose to make up the missed dose.
If you stop using TobraVis
If you forget to use the eye drops at the usual time, take the dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, do not take the missed dose and wait until the next dose. Do not take a double dose to make up the missed dose.
If you have any further questions on the use of TobraVis, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
HOW TO STORE TOBRAVIS:
Keep away from reach and sight of children.
Do not use TobraVis after the expiry date printed on the package after EXP. The expiry date refers to the last day of the respective month.
Keep at temperatures below 25ºC, in the original package.
Do not use more the 28 days after the first opening the bottle.
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help protect the environment.
What TobraVis contains:
– The active substance is tobramycin. One ml of solution contains 3 mg of tobramycin. One ml of solution consists of 31 drops.
– The other components are: tyloxapol, boric acid, sodium sulphate anhydrous, sodium chloride, benzalkonium chloride, 0.5 M sulfuric acid or 1 M sodium hydroxide (for pH adjustment) and purified water.
What TobraVis looks like and contents of the pack
TobraVis is a clear, colourless solution. A pack with an LDPE bottle with an LDPE dropper, containing 5 ml of ophthalmic solution.
It is a sterile product.