Makovan powder for oral suspension 500mg/5ml, 60mlNew Vision for your health
powder for oral suspension 500mg/5ml,60ml
Prescription only medicine.
- What Makovan is and what it is used for
The active substance of Makovan is cefaclor, which is a semi-synthetic second-generation cephalosporin for oral administration.
Cefaclor has a microbicidal activity against a wide rage of gram+ and gram- pathogens.
This medicine is indicated for the treatment of the below mentioned infections, which are caused by sensitive stems of the pathogens mentioned
Infections of the upper respiratory tract, such as:
- Acute and chronic purulent otitis media caused by h. Influenzae, pneumococcus, Staphylococcus Αureus Beta hemolytic streptococcus, E. coli and Proteus mirabillis.
- Acute and chronic sinusitis caused by pneumococcus, staphylococcus, h. influenzae, group A beta-hemolytic streptococci. In the chronic form of the disease, the addition of another antimicrobial agent, active against anaerobic micro-organisms is required.
- Pharyngitis or tonsillitis which were caused by streptococcus pyogenes, such as group A beta-hemolytic streptococci, and did not respond to treatment with penicillin, or in recurrent occurrences.
Infections of the lower respiratory tract, such as:
- Acute bronchitis and exacerbations of chronic bronchitis by h. influenzae, penumococcus, moraxella catarrhalis, etc.
Urinary tract infections, such as:
- Gonococcal urethritis (special dosage regimen), cystitis, bartholinitis, adnexitis (with concomitant anaerobic coverage), pyelonephritis etc, when they are caused by enterobacteriaceae strains, such as E. coli, Klebsiella, Proteus mirabiliis.
Infections of the skin and soft tissues, such as:
- Erysipelas, furuncles, subcutaneous abscesses, impetigo, infections of surgical trauma by susceptible pathogens, infections in the mouth and the teeth, when these are caused by staphylococci (agents and non-agents of penicillinase), streptococcus pyogenes, enterobacteriaceae and anaerobic cocci.
- How to take Makovan
Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure. Route of administration: Always take this medicine orally. Capsules must be swallowed whole with fluid and not chewed.
The powder for oral suspension must be dissolved in water, which must be added up to the upper end of the label. Shake the vial well, add again water to the solution up to the upper end of the label and then shake the vial again until the powder is fully dissolved. The solution formed is 60ml and contains 500mg cefaclor per 5ml.
Adults and elderly:
The dosage depends on the nature of the infection and the patient’s response to the medicine. The standard dosage is 250mg cefaclor every 8 hours, but it may be doubled in the case of serious infections. The maximum dosage for adults should not exceed 4g per day.
Children over the age of one month:
The standard administered dosage is 20mg/kg of body weight per day, in three divided dosages. This dosage may be adjusted to the child’s needs, (illegible) infection and response to the medicine. In case of serious infections, the dosage may be doubled. In any case, the maximum dosage for children should not exceed 1g a day.
What Makovan looks like and contents of the pack.
Cefaclor powder for oral suspension is packaged in glass amber vials. These vials bear a label with the characteristics of the product and the vial, a patient information leaflet and 1 spoon for the administration of the suspension.
- For more information, please use the Patient Information Leaflet in the box.
- Manufacturer: REMEDINA ABEE, Greece, European Union